Cleanliness and safe working conditions are dominant talking points in salons all across the world right now. Salon workers and clients alike need to feel that they are in a salon that cares about keeping them healthy.
One area that could be a topic of discussion is whether or not to use a salon chair cover. In this article we will discuss the pros and cons of using a salon chair cover to help you make the best decision for your salon.
What Is A Salon Chair Cover?
There are two ways to think about salon chair covers:
- A piece of fabric/material that covers the chairs when they are not in use
- A covering to be used when a client is in the chair; this cover is removable
This article is about the type of covers that are used with clients in the chair. Let’s start by looking at a couple of example products.
What Are The Pros Of Using A Chair Cover?
- Protects the Salon Chair from excessive wear on the surface
- Protects the chair from any chemicals or products used during a stylist session from damaging the chair surface
- Extends the life of your salon chair that you have paid a lot of money for
What Are The Cons Of Using A Chair Cover?
- If the cover isn’t clear, it covers up the most visible part of the salon chair (maybe that’s a good thing, though, if your salon chair is already damaged). This may decrease the professional look of your salon
- Clients may not like the feel of a cover on the chair they are sitting in
The salon world is divided on whether or not to use a salon chair cover. However, if you do a lot of treatments in your salon and you want to extend the life of your valuable and expensive salon chairs, using a chair cover is a prudent idea.