When we talk about women’s beauty their hair always tops the list. It is a treasure that every woman cherishes. Be it a young girl or an old woman everyone loves maintaining and styling their hair. When you wake up in the morning your hair is all messed up. So you need something to style them. Now, along with styling your hair if you can even give them salon like finish then it is of great advantage. For this, you need a hair straightening brush. These are of great benefit to the salon owners too. They can style their customer’s hair with must ease and less time. Here, we have researched and added details to select the best hair straightening brush.
Types of Hair Straightening Brush
Hair straightening brush is one of the best tool or equipment for styling your hair. There are people who have still not heard about them. You have no idea how its use can solve your messy hair problems. Before buying them you must also know about the type of hair straightening brushes that are available in the market. This will help you choose the one according to your requirement.
- Detangling Brushes
Just as the name suggests the detangling brush is used to remove the tangles in your hair. People with curly hair need this brush hair the most. Curly hair tends to tangle much faster as compared to the other hair types. These brushes look quite similar to the regular detangling brush. They have thick widely spaced bristles. The main difference between these brushes and the regular ones is that these are electrical. You will be able to both detangle and straighten your hair at the same time. These are simple to use as you only need to heat them up and brush through your hair. For detangling make sure you start from the bottom so that is done in a much smoother way.
- Rotating Brush
Rotating hair straightening brushes have a barrel that is circular. There are bristles attached to the handle of the straightening brush. These brushes are specially designed to be used on damp hair. This doesn’t mean that your hair should be completely wet. You must use a towel to remove the excess moisture from them. In fact, due to the circular shape users can use it to even curl their hair. Thus, it gives complete flexibility to the user. The rotating brush produces hot air that is released from the center of the brush. This air will both dry and straighten your hair at the same time. These brushes are suitable for all types of hair. In most of the rotating hair straightening brushes, the bristles offer rotation in both the direction.
- Double-Sided Brush
The double-sided hair straightening brush has two plates that face each other. These plates are rectangular in shape with bristles on them. For using this brush you will have to place a section of your hair between these plates. After this, you need to clamp down these plates. Now, move the brush from the root to the bottom through the length of the hair. The straightening irons cause damage to your hair so you must try these brushes as they dry and straighten your hair without causing much damage.
Use these Tips or Factors for Buying the Best Hair Straightening Brush
- Temperature Modes
The hair straightening brush must have different temperature modes. You must know your hair type so that you can select the brush accordingly. For salon use, multiple temperature settings are required as customers with different hair type visit the salon. For hard hair, a relatively high-temperature mode is required as compared to silky hair.
Too high temperature can easily burn your hair while a very low temperature may not straighten the hair properly. If you know your hair type then it would be much easier for you to compare and select a hair straightening brush. The heat levels range from 265-450 F. If the brush has an LCD panel to display the temperature mode then it is much appropriate for use. You will be able to monitor the changes easily.
- Heating Plates
When you plan to buy a hair straightening brush, the heating plates are the most important factor. This is the actual part that comes in contact with the hair and is actually heated. Thus, you need to pay special attention to this factor. In most of the brushes, advanced technologies like tourmaline or ceramic are used.
Ceramic is the most popular technology that is widely used in hair straightening brushes. It works by releasing negatively charged ions into your hair. This neutralizes the excess number of positive ions. Thus, it makes your hair smoother. It heats up the plates faster so you can style your hair in less time. Tourmaline technology works in a similar way by releasing negative ions and reducing frizz in your hair.
If you are a hairstylist this is an important factor for you to consider. You will have to hold the brush for longer durations. You must be comfortable while using the brush. If the brush is heavy then you will ultimately feel tired and won’t be able to give the best service for a long time. So make sure you buy a brush that is as lightweight as possible.
Depending on the length of your hair you will have to select the straightening brush. For short or medium length of hair, the flat brush is used as it works much better for them. In case you have long hair then you must go for a brush circular in shape. These tend to straighten the hair much faster and without any sort of hassle.
Whether you want to style your or client’s hair the handle of the brush needs to appropriate. It should be comfortable enough so that you can hold it for a prolonged period of time. It must reduce the strain that you feel when you hold it for long. The grip of the handle should be comfortable and non-slippery. You can check for the brushes with cushioned handles. If the brush is the one that requires clamping the barrels then buy the one that doesn’t require extra effort.
The bristles on your hair straightening brush play an important role. If you buy a brush with the wrong kind of bristles then you will have to face multiple problems. You may face hair breakage issues and the bristles on the brush may even fall out. You will have to buy a new brush sooner. Always, check the quality of bristles. The bristles must be properly rooted into the base of the brush.
The tip of the bristles should also be good and taken care of when planning to buy the straightening brush. For sensitive scalp, it is recommended to use a brush with nylon bristles. These bristles won’t hurt your scalp and will help in smooth combing. For detangling, you must buy a brush with ball-tipped bristles. This helps in detangling and straightening without much damage.
Styling your hair is important as it completely changes your look. Modern straightening brushes use electricity to heat up the plates. The heat from the plates can easily harm your hair. Make sure the product you buy follows all the requirements of the safety standards. These types of brushes are certified so that they do not cause harm to the user. Safety also means that you follow the rules properly. Connect the brush to an appropriate voltage level and use the correct temperature settings so that you and the product are protected.
The hair straightening brushes are available in a different price range. The ultimate decision of buying a product depends on its price. High price usually signifies a better product that would last longer. They are of high-quality. Try to stretch your budget a bit so that you can buy a good quality product.
It is your responsibility to buy an efficient product. Here, efficiency means that the product should heat up fast and should have high retention capacity. Nobody like waiting so if the product takes more than a minute to heat up then it is not considered efficient. The brush should have better options for controlling the various settings on it.
The temperature readings on the straightening brush should be readable. If the brush indicates the temperature using the light then this won’t be an issue for you. In case, there is an LCD screen on the brush then the readings on the screen should be easy to read out. It is again an important criterion as the incorrect readings can damage your hair.
How to use Hair Straightening Brush
- Wash your hair: The first and most important step in straightening your hair is washing your hair. If you have curly hair then you must condition your hair properly. Curly hair is much drier as compared to other types of hair. You can even apply a hair mask such as the one containing vitamin B or E. It is very important to clean your hair thoroughly so that the effect of straightening lasts longer and is much effective.
- Apply heat protectant: If you want to straighten your hair without hair loss then use of heat protectant is a must. They are available in different forms like serums, lotions, sprays, and mousses. You can choose any of them and apply evenly through your wet hair. After properly applying it let it completely naturally.
- Dry your hair: It is important to dry your hair before styling. After drying them you must comb them properly so that the locks in your hair open up. If this doesn’t happen then there will be a risk of burning your hair. Do not use the blow dryer as it will over dry your hair.
- Look for split ends: If your hair has split ends then straightening them is not a good option for you. This will make them look messy. You must get them cut by a professional. Professional hairdresser knows better about the hair care products so you can take some recommendations from them.
- Make the necessary settings: A particular setting is not applicable to all the users so you need to make changes to certain options according to your need. Plug in the brush in the socket. Turn on the straightening brush using the power button. Choose the temperature mode according to your hair type and structure. It takes around 30 seconds for the device to heat up. Meanwhile, you can section your hair and pin them.
- Comb the brush through your hair: Take a small section of your hair and gently comb the straightening brush through your hair. Do not keep the brush in the same position for more than 3 seconds. This entire process is going to take 10-15 minutes. The time taken to straighten the hair also depends on the length of your hair, thickness, and other factors.
- Tip for first-time users: Before using the straightening brush test it on a small section of hair. Begin with the lowest temperature settings. Gradually increase the temperature and choose the perfect mode for your hair.
The factors given in the article are appropriate and will help users in selecting the best product. You must follow the steps given for using the hair straightening brush as it will help in the correct usage of it. Always take precautions while using an electronic product. If you still have any queries then you can add them to the comment section.