No beauty salon can go without a hooded hair dryer. Then again, for some women, no household can go without a hooded hair dryer, either.
We will dig into the particulars of hooded hair dryers further below, but first we will highlight several dryers that you may wish to add to your salon or your bathroom. There are only 4 on this list because every other hooded hair dryer simply did not meet the demands of the consumers on Amazon.
You should base your decision on things like quality, price, and the wattage that your salon can allow. Each dryer is relatively the same size and they all can be easily moved about on their casters.
Need any help in knowing what to look for in a hooded hair dryer? Check out our Buyer’s Guide!
What Are The Benefits Of A Hooded Hair Dryer?
If you’re serious about maximizing your hair’s potential, then you need to be using a hooded hair dryer.
- To accomplish the best possible deep conditioning of your locks, you need to put them under a hooded hair dryer after application of the conditioner. Heat helps to increase the absorption of the conditioner to your hair strands.
- Speeding up drying time is a bit of a no-brainer as a reason to use a hooded hair dryer, but it should still be said.
- Hands-free drying gives you the chance to catch up on a little email while you’re drying your hair.
- Using one at home will give you a salon-quality finish before you start your day or your hot date.
- Using the cool setting at the end of your drying session can prolong the set of your curls, giving you a few extra days of fabulous.
How Many Hooded Hair Dryers Should My Salon Have?
Much of this answer will depend on the floor space of your salon as well as how often you end up using one for your clients. If you have three salon chairs or less, I’d only have one hooded hair dryer.
Having a spare dryer is never a bad idea, however. You may run into problems using one at any particular time and you never want to be without such a vital piece of equipment for your salon.
The great thing about these dryers is that they are lightweight and easy to move around so hiding one in a back room or in the corner of your salon won’t take up that much space.
Professional hair stylists have known for a long time that hooded hair dryers are an essential tool to maximize your client’s look and satisfaction. You can reach similar looks at home using your own hooded hair dryer.