Foot massages, when done right, are one of the greatest things you can do for your body and soul. It’s not just the feet that benefit. Every single aspect of your body and mind will feel the positive effects of a good foot massage.
What Are The Benefits Of A Foot Massage?
- Relaxation – Your feet bear the brunt of all the stress and fatigue that afflict your body all day long. We unknowingly carry a lot of stress in our feet, and a good foot massage can ease so much of that tension.
- Stress Relief – See the example above. Your feet are always on the go, you are probably not wearing the best shoes, and you usually don’t take the time to stretch the part of your body that takes the most abuse.
- Improves Circulation – Feet are pretty abused on a constant basis. They are either encase in fairly tight shoes or they are not being exercised at all. As a consequence, the circulation of the feet is impaired. This is something that folks with diabetes experience.
- Lowers Blood Pressure – Whether from stress, poor diet, or lack of exercise, high blood pressure is afflicting more and more adults. A good foot massage can help to alleviate stress and circulation so much that multiple studies have shown that it can help to lower blood pressure as well.
- Improved Sleep – Probably because of the effects of a good foot massage on relaxation and lowering blood pressure, there is usually also an improvement in the quality and duration of sleep.
Those are only a few examples of the benefits of a good foot massage. Below the review list we will go into some specifics on reflexology.
Want a more involved massage? Check out our Best Home Massage Chairs and see why they are so affordable!
What if you don’t have anyone to give you that great foot massage that you are craving? Check out this list of the 10 Best Foot Massagers For Your Home or Salon.
10 Best Home Foot Massagers
RENPHO Shiatsu Foot Massager
- Fits feet up to Men’s Size 12
- Easy to control with your feet on the touch panel
- 15 or 30 minute timer
- Variable intensities: 3 kneeding intensities, 3 air intensities
- Heat function adds an extra level to the comfort of the foot massage
- Stylish and modern
TheraFlow Dual Foot Massager Roller
- Low-tech inexpensive way to relive foot pain and improve circulation
- Designed to relieve pain related to plantar fasciitis
- Utilizes acupressure therapy/reflexology to promote better help
- Comes with a foot reflexology chart so you can learn exactly how to help your feet
- Can be used for all sized feet
- Weighs just 1.6 lbs so easy to take anywhere (work, vacation) with you
- ELIEF: Designed to soothe foot/ heel pain due to plantar fasciitis, neuropathy & other ailments using acupuncture/ acupressure therapy
- ✔RELAX: Refreshes tired, sore, achy feet. Promotes better blood flow to enhance overall health
- ✔PORTABLE & VERSATILE: Perfect for feet of all sizes & very portable, weighing only 1.6lbs
- ✔DURABLE & RELIABLE: Made of high-quality, polished Theaceae wood. Sturdy, stable & solid constr
Miko Shiatsu Foot Massager
- You can dial-in personalized massage settings for strength, type of massage, and heat
- Selectable heat function for enhanced effect
- Foot chambers are independent
- Shiatsu massage applied to the bottom and sides of your feet
- Removable/washable cloth cover
- Compact size, easy to store
Human Touch Foot Massager
- Not just foot massage but calf massage features as well
- Calf massage dimensions: 4.5″ width x 12″ height
- Patented “Figure-8” technology: completely surround the feet and calves to provide a fluid massage that emulates the skilled hands of actual massage therapists
- Reflexology rollers under the feet to stimulate the sole
- Classified as a “moderate” intensity massage
- Able to “tilt” back to provide better comfort
Shiatsu Foot Massager Machine with Heat
- Foot Chambers are independent of each other
- 3 adjustable air compression intensities to suit your needs
- Can be used with/without the Shiatsu function
- Optional infra-red heat function for enhanced relief
- Sleek, modern design
uKnead Leg Massager
- Combined foot and leg massager
- Tiltable to maximize your comfort while receiving the massage
- Using air compression and rubbing rollers to simulate human hand kneading
- Rollers under your feet give a stimulating refloxology massage
- Has 3 auto modes: comfort, fatigue relief, and pain management
- 3 massage intensities: weak, middle, strong
- Heat function can be used to heat just the feet or calves, or both
Foot Bath Massager with Heat
- Combines the benefits of a foot bath/soak with a foot massage
- 3 different massage modes that include a “bubble” jet mode and heating
- Can add espom salts and essentials oils to the water to provide an even deeper sense of relief
- Can heat water up to 118 degrees Fahrenheit
- Easy to drain the tub as well as clean
- Wheels on the base make it easy to move around
Miko Foot Massager Reflexology Machine
- Reflexology machine with 5 different pressure settings: low, moderate, mod-high, high, max-high
- Has multiple massage and vibration settings
- Can also apply heat function
- 40 different massage modes
- 2 dual compression bags
EMS Foot Massager/Foot Circulation Device
- FDA-cleared Class II Medical foot circulation device
- 25 different massage patterns
- Intensity levels range from 1-99
- Easy to control control panel functions with your feet
- Clinically proven to boost circulation to relief foot aches and pains
HoMedics Triple Action Shiatsu Foot Massager
- Can control the intensity of the massage by pressing down on the massage platform with your feet
- Triple rotational massage heads provide a circular, kneading massage motion
- Built-in heat feature
- Toe-touch controls for each adjustments
What Is Reflexology?
Reflexology is the application of pressure to various parts of the feet to enact benefits elsewhere in the body. Several studies have shown that reflexology helps with stress and anxiety.
When Is Reflexology Not Recommended?
- Foot injuries or conditions such as fractures, non-healing wounds, and gout should not have active foot massage/reflexology techniques applied to them.
- Pregnancy – There are concerned that pressure applied to various areas concerning the uterus could cause contractions
- Blood Clotting Conditions – If you’re prone to clots, reflexology is not recommended. As it can enhance blood circulation, these clots could end up moving to dangerous areas of the body such as the lungs.
How To Treat Your Feet After A Massage
- Wash your feet well with a bit of soap and warm water. One great anti-fungal, cleansing foot soap is this Tea Tree Oil one. This is also a great option if you’re prone to acquiring fungal foot infections at the gym.
- Treat foot calluses with a good callus removal brush like this one.
- After drying, apply a moisturizing lotion or cream like this O’Keefe’s product. It’s best to do this at night so the cream can soak in and work overnight.
Feet are one of the most over-stressed and under-treated areas on the body. Treat them well with regular foot massages as well as other therapy and you will feet the benefits all over your body.